Thursday, December 11, 2008

Trimming the tree, Part I

Mom came up with the idea to let the kids make the decorations for the tree this year since I was complaining that they break my ornaments and I never like how the tree looks. I have visions of a perfectly decorated tree. Since our tree is always somewhat crooked and always manages to have bare spots, that never happens. Also, the kids help put the ornaments on the tree and they don't quite have the eye for it yet. We decided to start with a paper chain to put around the tree.
I thought it would be fun to start with the strips of paper and let the kids decorate them with stickers and crayons. Sariah decided to write a song on hers.
Becca decided to use 3 or 4 squares of stickers on one strip of paper.
JD needed help. I think it ended up being fun for them. I did get him to color a bit and put a few stickers on some. Even with putting plain papers between the decorated ones, it wasn't big enough to fit around the tree but it was still cute.
Posted by Picasa

No comments: